I suggest you ...

Template generator

I would like to see a 'Template Generator' which can edit existing templates, but also to create new (custom) templates within the Fabrik framework.
This would give this application a high value - specially for end users.

566 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

something similar to SP Page Builder (Joomshaper) to arrange Forms would be very nice. Just Drag&Drop and don't worry about mobile view. For now, I am happy with Fabrik as it is. Used to work with Scriptcase, but I gave up on them because they do not support CMS. Fabrik = RAD.

• IsAlready ThereIsAlready There commented  · 

It's hopeless guys! 5-years ago I wrote my first comment here, and up till now, nothing, zero, zilch, nada. Obviously the programmers are... well programmers. They don't care about end users. PERIOD!

• poniponi commented  · 

Template generator would be "cherry on cake" in the BEST online database editor ever.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I fully agree, Fabrik need template generator or link with, like plug-in balsamiq2fabrik. Somebody know where download this component ? Does it work with joomla 3.x and fabrik 3.x ?

• Stefano CaporaleStefano Caporale commented  · 

This is a MUST!
        Fabrik is great on the backend. I can create a very complex web application... but then I can't display data on the end user in a proper way :-/ It's odd. I'm managing to edit existing templates but it's very hard to understand how they work without documentation and tutorials.
        A template generator would make Fabrik the best Joomla component EVER!

• dorjanodorjano commented  · 

That would be great! Although there is a component balsamic2fabric which could help a lot designing a form, but we really need some more documentation for that component (one video is just not enough).
        But again, yes... we need something like other "Joomla form generators" use - like BreezingForms, Chrono form ...

• NemnoNemno commented  · 

Fabrik is one of the best tools for joomla in each mind. But have a tool which can facilitate all issues is great but haveing tool which can facilitate all issues but not display this in a "aceptable" way is a stillbirth. Therefore i hope that the team can invest mor time in templates. A Template generator would be the best way.

• artonezeroartonezero commented  · 

If not a template generator, then a detailed template tutorial, and a set of examples is really needed. As a start how about more comments in the code!

• cypherinfocypherinfo commented  · 

Bye the way with a feature to place any object in it at a pixel level precision.

Bye.

• cypherinfocypherinfo commented  · 

Hi,

great idea; I was thinking to enable even a newbye the ability to build a new form template with an intuitive GUI or somthing similar.

Cypherinfo.

Feedback and Knowledge Base